The Embassy of Japan in Belgium is offering the Japanese Government Research Scholarships for students who want to study at a recognized Japanese University.
All non-Japanese applicants are eligible to avail this scholarship. Students who are less than 35 years of age and wish to undertake a research programme are eligible.
Wonderful chance for students to study in Japan.
User Review( votes)
The Embassy of Japan in the respective country is an extended branch of the Japanese Government in overseas countries responsible for providing accurate information to students who wish to pursue their studies or career in Japan.
Why should you apply for this programme? The MEXT scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship funded and advanced by the Government of Japan to welcome international students and enhance relations with participating countries. This scholarship provides all-expense from travelling to monthly costs and gives the students a chance to live and explore Japan comfortably.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is June 6, 2022
- University or Organization: The Embassy of Japan in Belgium
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: 145,000 YEN
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All research degree programmes are eligible under this scholarship.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be less than 35 years of age.
- The students must apply through the Embassy of Japan in Belgium.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must visit the Embassy of Japan website of their home country and download the application form from there. The application form, along with the required documents, are to be submitted to the Embassy of Japan of the home country.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit the following documents:
- Application Form
- Field of Study and Research Plan
- Academic transcript for all academic year of university attended
- Recommendation letter from the president/dean or the academic advisor at the current or last university attended
- Medical certificate
- Recommendation letter from the present employer
- Photograph(s) showing applicant’s works of art or a digitally recorded media of musical performance
- Placement Preference Application Form
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must thoroughly go through the guidelines for research students and fulfil the mentioned requirements.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to be highly proficient in English. Japanese language skills are preferred but not a must. The student must be willing to learn Japanese upon arrival in the country.
Embassy of Japan in Belgium will provide monthly expense cost ranging from 143,000 yen to 145,000 yen per month.