To support international students in Japan, the University of Tokyo Graduate School of Frontier Sciences in collaboration with the JASSO Organisation is providing the JASSO Honors Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
All international students who are not already a part of any other JASSO programme and are privately financed are eligible for this grant. This grant will provide a fixed monthly stipend to applicants in order to support them financially.
University of Tokyo Graduate School of Frontier Sciences is a master’s and doctoral school located in the city of Tokyo. It thrives to solve the challenging problems faced by humankind through the pursuit of education and research on the frontiers derived from established disciplines.
Whys study at the University of Tokyo? The University of Tokyo is Japan’s No. 1 university and Ranked No. 73 in the Best Global Universities according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence. The students are given an opportunity to move around campuses throughout their studies. The University of Tokyo has a positive competitive environment that pushes students to focus and makes the university a place where outstanding students cultivate each other’s skills while working together.
Application Deadline: April 20th, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Tokyo
- Department: Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Course Level: Master’s and Doctoral
- Award: 48,000 JPY
- Number of Awards: 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master’s and doctoral in frontier sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.30 or more in the last academic year and will be able to maintain the same GPA during the scholarship period.
- Applicants must have graduated from a degree course mainly taught in Japanese or English;
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must have to take admission in the master’s and doctoral degree programme at the university. Applicants are required to submit the mentioned supporting documents via e-mail with the subject line “JASSO Application” to International Liaison Office ([email protected]) to apply.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Applicants Data Sheet which should consist of the applicant’s data and GPA in an excel format.
- Application form the obtained through the official portal of the university in Word or PDF format.
- Academic transcript having your last year’s scores in PDF format.
- Copy of either Japanese or English Proficiency Test score in PDF format.
- Copy of Student ID card or Admission Certificate in PDF format.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must submit legitimately required documents and must hold a graduate degree with a minimum GPA of 2.30 or more.
- Language Requirement: Applicants have proficiency in Japanese or English at the following levels:
- Japanese: JLPT level N2 or higher,
- English: CEFR level B2 or higher (e.g. TOEFL iBT 72, IELTS 5.5, TOEIC L&R 785)
The Graduate School of Frontier Sciences will provide the applicant 48,000 JPY per month accessible immediately after the arrival of the applicant in Japan.