Want to grow your career in research related field and searching for the funding opportunities in Japan? Good News! Japanese Government is offering scholarships for the brightest Indian students.
Great opportunity for Indians to study in Japan.
User Review( votes)
Embassy of Japan in India provides information and knowledge dissemination concerning the international situation and diplomatic policies. It presenting Japanese culture abroad and promoting cultural exchanges with foreign countries.
Why should apply to this program? The program is a great platform for Indian students to pursue their research career in their chosen field. It gives researchers a huge diversity of career opportunities in various roles and sectors. They can see themselves as purely a specialist.
Application Deadline: May 13, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from India
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research/masters course/Ph.D. course in Japan related Humanities, Japan-related Social Science, Mathematical Science, Physics, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Biology and Biotechnology, Agriculture and Fishery, Environmental Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Geology and Geoinformatics, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Material Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Information Technology and Sports Science.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- For Research Student / Master’s Degree: Candidates must have the Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with minimum 65% marks. The candidates should obtain their mark sheet and degree on or before 31st March 2020 for April 2020 batch and 30th September 2020 for October 2020 batch.
- For Ph.D. Degree: Applicant must have a Master’s degree in the relevant field with minimum 65% marks. Candidate must have taken the practical research/teaching/work experience after obtaining the prescribed qualification on or before 31st March 2020 for April 2020 batch and 30th September 2020 for October 2020 batch.
- For Research Student and Master’s degree in the Japanese Language: Students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree course in the Japanese Language from a recognized university.
- For a Ph.D. degree in Japanese Language: Students who have completed a Master degree course in Japanese Language from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To grasping this award, aspirants need to take admission in a Research/masters course/Ph.D. course in any Japanese university. After taking admission, you can download and complete the application form of the fund. It should be sent to the Embassy through email as an attachment.
- Supporting Documents: For applying, the contestant needs to attach a copy of visa, statement of recommendation from a school or community leader and another referee statement which could support their application.
- Admission Requirements: If the entrants opt for a Masters or Ph.D. program, they must be provided that he/she has an outstanding academic achievement that meets certain criteria set by the MEXT.
- Language Requirement: All petitioners must have a good ability of Japanese Language or enters the courses offered in English.
The grant will cover the tuition fee of the course with the amount of 144,000 Yen/ month (Approx. Rs. 89,440 / month for the year 2019.