Applications are invited for Jardine funding for the academic year commencing in 2017. These are awarded in all subjects offered by any one of the preferred colleges.
Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies at any one of preferred Colleges, which include Exeter, Oriel, Queen’s and Trinity at the University of Oxford, and Downing, Magdalene, Peterhouse and Trinity at the University of Cambridge.
Marvelous Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies.
User Review( votes)
The Jardine Foundation aims to assist scholars who have the potential to become outstanding citizens with a high commitment to the community. Since then over 200 scholars have been granted awards to enable them to study in preferred Colleges at Oxford and Cambridge Universities in the United Kingdom.
Applicants must normally be within seven years of having completed the secondary school education, at the date of entry to any one of our preferred Colleges, which include Exeter, Oriel, Queen’s and Trinity at the University of Oxford, and Downing, Magdalene, Peterhouse and Trinity at the University of Cambridge, and must:
- Have reached an academic standard to qualify for entry to any one of such Colleges;
- Be resident in any of the countries or territories in which Jardine Matheson Group has significant business interests, which include Cambodia, mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. For applications from Singapore, male applicants must complete or be exempted from National Service; Note: Generally, applications will not be accepted from candidates whose parents have not resided in such relevant country or territory for at least seven years prior to the proposed date of entry to University.
- Be in a satisfactory state of health; and single.
- Applicants from countries and territories in which the Jardine Matheson Group operates, including Cambodia, mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam are eligible to apply.
- Application for a study program leading to a second first degree or a study program currently being pursued will not be considered. Applicants who have already been awarded other fully-covered scholarships to study overseas at the time of application will also not be considered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applications can be sent by post or by email.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have reached an academic standard to qualify for entry to any one of such Colleges.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Each award will generally be sufficient to cover fees, tuition, the cost of necessary books and equipment, board and lodging (preferably on a living-in basis where this is available at the University), and reasonable living expenses and travel expenses to and from the University at the beginning and at the end of the course in respect of which is awarded. The award will include :
- University tuition fees payable directly to the University;
- College fees excluding board and lodging payable directly to the College;
- An annual stipend to cover board and lodging and all other incidental expenses (subject to the discretion of the Trustees, this will be payable in four installments. The first installment will be larger to cover initial costs);
- The cost of the UK Immigration Health Surcharge; and
- A standard economy class airfare to be reimbursed at the cost to the Scholar from the place of residence to the United Kingdom at the beginning of the free study and for the return journey to the place of residence on completion of the study period.
Application Deadline: Applications open in mid-Aug 2019.