Applications are invited for Jardine funding for the academic year commencing in 2017. Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies at any one of preferred Colleges, which include Exeter, Oriel, Queen’s and Trinity at the University of Oxford, and Downing, Magdalene, Peterhouse and Trinity at the University of Cambridge. The support will be awarded for a period of three years or four years, as appropriate.
The Jardine Foundation aims to assist scholars who have the potential to become outstanding citizens with a high commitment to the community.
User Review( votes)
Jardine Matheson established an educational trust, the Jardine Foundation, in 1982 to mark its 150th Anniversary. Since then over 200 scholars have been granted awards to enable them to study in preferred Colleges at Oxford and Cambridge Universities in the United Kingdom.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies at any one of preferred Colleges, which include Exeter, Oriel, Queen’s and Trinity at the University of Oxford, and Downing, Magdalene, Peterhouse and Trinity at the University of Cambridge.
Study Subject(s): The studentships are awarded in all subjects offered by any one of the preferred colleges.
Award: Each Awarded will generally be sufficient to cover fees, tuition, the cost of necessary books and equipment, board and lodging (preferably on a living-in basis where this is available at the University), and reasonable living expenses and travel expenses to and from the University at the beginning and at the end of the course in respect of which The grant is awarded. The support will include :
- University tuition fees payable directly to the University;
- College fees excluding board and lodging payable directly to the College;
- An annual stipend to be determined by the Trustees on a case by case basis to cover board and lodging and all other incidental expenses (subject to the discretion of the Trustees, the stipend will be payable in four installments); and
- A standard economy class airfare payable directly to the airline from the place of residence to the United Kingdom or other approved destination at the beginning of the program and for the return journey to the place of residence on completion of the program period.
- In cases of financial hardship, the Trustees may, in their absolute discretion, make arrangements by way of supplemental awards, loans or such other means as they may think fit to assist Jardine Scholars in meeting their essential expenses.
The award can be taken in UK
Eligibility: Applicants must normally be within seven years of having completed the secondary school education, at the date of entry to any one of our preferred Colleges, which include Exeter, Oriel, Queen’s and Trinity at the University of Oxford, and Downing, Magdalene, Peterhouse and Trinity at the University of Cambridge, and must:
- Have reached an academic standard to qualify for entry to any one of such Colleges;
- Be resident in any of the countries or territories in which Jardine Matheson Group has significant business interests, which include Cambodia, mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. For applications from Singapore, male applicants must complete or be exempted from National Service; Note: Generally, applications will not be accepted from candidates whose parents have not resided in such relevant country or territory for at least seven years prior to the proposed date of entry to University.
- Be in a satisfactory state of health; and
- Be single.
Note: Application for a study programme leading to a second first degree or a study programme currently being pursued will not be considered. Applicants who have already been awarded other fully-covered scholarships to study overseas at the time of application will also not be considered.
Nationality: Applicants from countries and territories in which the Jardine Matheson Group operates, including Cambodia, mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have reached an academic standard to qualify for entry to any one of such Colleges.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applications can be sent by post or by email.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by the Secretaries of the Jardine Foundation on or before 20th October 2016.