Shiraz University of Medical Sciences is offering an undergraduate program for international students for the year academic year 2021-2020.
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) is one of the oldest medical universities nationwide. SUMS displays a good deal of tradition as well as modernity, aiming at training students, utilizing high-quality education and research.
User Review( votes)
In order to help the international students to afford to pursue their education, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will award a variety of scholarships to the applicants demonstrating outstanding educational skills or academic achievements.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for the undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject(s): This scholarship is awarded to the candidates applying for one of the following programs at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.)
- Award: Type C Scholarship covers all your expenses except for the tuition fee, including registration, furnished accommodation, insurance, Persian language courses, and English language courses.
- Scholarship can be taken at Iran
The applicant must not be a citizen of Iran.
- The candidate may not possess dual citizenship, where the second citizenship is from Iran.
- The candidate must hold a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- The applicant may not be supported by any other funding sources during the time they are granted the program.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this application programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications can be submitted only online. To apply for this application , please fill in the Application Form. Application Process: The candidate should fill in the online application form and submit it. In addition to that, the applicant is required to attach a cover letter to the application form, determining which type of scholarship they are applying for explaining why they believe themselves to be eligible for this application . Once applications are received by Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS), they will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee. As the selection process is completed, candidates will be notified about the results via e-mail.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicant must possess the required GPA for admission:
GPA of the last educational degree for entering the university: 14 out of 20 or it is equivalent.The minimum GPA for each semester after entering the university: 12 out of 20
- English Language Requirement: The minimum score for TOEFL PBT, TOEFL iBT and IELTS is 525, 69 and 5.5 respectively. Applicants who have failed to meet minimum language requirements are allowed to apply as well. In case they are admitted to SUMS, they will undergo a language placement test at their arrival for assessment of their ability to speak and reading English and Persian. Then, they should participate in language courses based on their level of performance on this test. They will also be given the chance of presenting their TOEFL or IELTS test scores during one year period.
Application Deadline: Closed