Applications are invited for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships to pursue Ph.D. studies at a recognized University/Institution in India. These are available for Indian nationals and nationals of other eligible Asian countries.
The Jawaharlal Nehru award is conferred by the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund to Indian citizens carrying out scholarly research in India.
A valuable choice to get PhD program.
User Review( votes)
The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund formally came into being when a National Committee consisting of 110 members was convened in New Delhi on 17 August 1964 under the Chairmanship of Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, then President of India.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
- This is open for Indian nationals. Nationals of other Asian countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and postgraduate level and also must be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
- A candidate may apply in any one of the following areas of specialization: Indian History and Civilization, Sociology, Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, and Ecology & Environment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011 on or before 31 May. The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form, A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/recommendations, Ph.D. registration certificate.
- Admission Requirements: At the time of making the application for the free study, a candidate should already be registered/admitted for the Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
The award will Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month, Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs.15,000 per annum.