The University of Oxford is inviting applications for Jenny Wormald Junior Research Fellowship in Women‡s History. This fellowship is open to UK, EU/International applicants for pursuing postdoctoral research programme.
The University of Oxford (informally Oxford University or simply Oxford) is a collegiate research university located in Oxford, England.
User Review( votes)
The university is made up of a variety of institutions, including 38 constituent colleges and a full range of academic departments which are organised into four divisions.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue the postdoctoral research programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship will be awarded in the field of Women‡s History.
Award: The stipend will be £21,000 p.a. (indexed to academic salary increases). The fellow will also receive an allowance to assist with the cost of housing (£8,000 p.a.). The fellow will be provided with use of a shared office in college. Fellows are entitled to free meals, are members of the Senior Common Room, and may apply for research expenses (currently up to £1,300 p.a.). They will also be eligible to apply for small project and event grants through the college‡s new research support scheme.
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Have an excellent educational record; the successful candidate must have a good Honours degree (either First or 2:1), or for EU/international applicants a qualification equivalent to a good Honours degree;
- Be approaching the end of their doctoral research or have submitted their doctoral thesis since 1 October 2015;
- Have research expertise in women’s studies, women’s history or similar as demonstrated by a completed doctoral thesis and/or published articles in refereed journals, as relevant; or promise of such achievement;
- Have the ability to present research findings effectively to researchers and/or policymakers or other stakeholders;
- have a coherent plan of research for the duration of the Fellowship which can either be the further development of the doctoral work or an entirely new area and which promises to make a valuable contribution to the field of social mobility research; have not already held a comparable career development appointment at Oxford or another university.
Nationality: Applicants of UK, EU/International applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an excellent educational record; the successful candidate must have a good Honours degree (either First or 2:1).
English language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English the candidate should have a very good command over English language.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 1, 2017.