Bond University and John Eales AM, former Wallabies Captain offer excellence scholarships for international and domestic male students in Australia. Available to all domestic and international students applying for a single undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree or diploma at Bond University.
The goal of the scholarship is to prepare the individual for life beyond rugby with an internationally recognized degree in the discipline of the student’s choice, which is enhanced by the global networks, industry connections, and work experience opportunities for which Bond University is renowned.
Worthy offer for candidates
User Review( votes)
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided for any course (excluding bachelor of medicine bachelor of surgery). Applicants will commence study at Bond University in January 2014 and spend their rugby season with the Bond University Breakers playing in the highest competition in the state of Queensland throughout the duration of their degree.
Course Level: The scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate, single postgraduate degree or diploma program.
Scholarship Provider: Bond University and John Eales AM, former Wallabies Captain
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
- Available to all domestic and international students applying for a single undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree or diploma at Bond University
- Applicants must be male and under 26 years of age with experience playing rugby at a high level relative to their age
- Predicted OP of 1-7, ATAR 99.95 – 87.15 or predicted International Baccalaureate 45-32 or As/Bs on their most recent transcripts
- Applicants must meet the prerequisites and the admissions entry standards for their chosen degree program
Scholarship Open for International Students: Domestic and International students can apply for the scholarships (Scholarships are awarded to students commencing in the January semester).
The number of award(s): Two John Eales Rugby Excellence Scholarships are awarded annually to domestic and international students commencing in the January semester.
Duration of award (s): Scholarship is offered for the duration of the course.
What does it cover? Total offer is of:
- 100% tuition fees for any single* undergraduate degree, single postgraduate degree or diploma program (excluding
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery)
- $10,000 cash bursary given to the recipient in each year of their studies in three instalments to assist with any costs they will incur during their study at Bond University
- Recipients will receive one-on-one mentoring sessions with John Eales who will provide his insights into the game of rugby, life as a high-performance athlete and career guidance
- Successful scholars are also given the opportunity to network with elite athletes, coaches and top-level teams from a range of sports at the University
How to Apply
How to Apply: Students must complete and submit their scholarship application prior to the application closing date. No late scholarship applications will be considered. If you are applying for more then one scholarship with different application closing dates, it is important to submit your scholarship application form by the earliest scholarship closing date.
Scholarship applicants will be required to submit the following documents as part of their scholarship application:
- A detailed sporting resume, a summary of achievements, and at least two relevant references from individuals who can support sporting achievements; and,
- A personal statement outlining why you have applied for the scholarship and what makes you a good candidate for this scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline: September 6, 2019