The Ulster University is welcoming enthusiastic individuals to become a part of the John J. Sweeney program for the academic year 2020.
This scholarship is generously supported by funds raised by the AFL-CIO, the American Labor community, business and civic organizations, and individuals. The purpose of this program is to support US students undertaking a full-time MSc or MA at Ulster University.
Wonderful opportunity for US students to get a master education in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The Ulster University was established as Magee College in 1865, Magee University in 1953 and New University of Ulster in 1969. It has four campuses provides a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses
Why at Ulster University? The university is preparing students for tomorrow’s world today. Here students will have a wide range of job opportunities and gain skills they need to carve out their careers.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
- University: Ulster University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: $20,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for US students
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The John J Sweeney Scholarship supports US students enrolled to study full-time on the following MSc or MA at Ulster University: Access to Justice, Master of Laws, Construction Business and Leadership (with management specialisms), Master of Science, Human Rights Law and Transitional Justice, Master of Laws, Management and Corporate Governance, Master of Science, Manufacturing Management, Master of Science, Peace and Conflict Studies, Master of Science, Social Policy, Master of Science
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have been offered a full-time place on one of the above MSc or MA and have made a firm commitment to Ulster University during the admissions phase; and
- Are a US union member; or;
- Have a familial connection to a US union member (mother, father, sibling, aunt, uncle, grandparent); or;
- Can provide a reference letter from a union sponsor.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must ensure that all sections of the application form are completed with all additional requirements attached to the application. Scanned copy of original degree certificate, where applicable, a reference letter from a Union sponsor, 500 – 750-word personal statement, two reference letters and a scanned copy of their US passport.
- Admission Requirements: The minimum requirement for this program is an undergraduate degree.
- Language Requirement: All participants are advised to demonstrate the English language ability and satisfy the requirements of the English language.
The John J Sweeney Scholarship has a value of $20,000 and that is used towards the Scholar’s tuition fees for an MA or MSc at Ulster University.