SOAS University of London is inviting applications for Masters Scholarship for UK Students in 2019.
The John Loiello AFSOAS FISH Scholarship was set up by the American Friends of SOAS. The scholarship is named after John Loiello, founding board members and benefactor of AFSOAS who sadly passed away in 2013.
Fab choice for Uk candidates to get a masters degree
User Review( votes)
The purpose of the scholarship is to give an American student the life-changing opportunity to study a full-time, one-year taught Master’s program at SOAS in London.
SOAS is a remarkable institution. With our vast repository of knowledge and expertise on our specialist regions, we are uniquely placed to inform and shape current thinking about the economic, political, cultural, security and religious challenges of our world.
• Application Deadline: February 20, 2019
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue a Masters Degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any subject offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: The total value of the scholarship will be £22,200. Tuition fees will be deducted from this amount and the remainder may be used towards maintenance.
• Number of Scholarships: Number not given.
• Nationality: UK citizens
• Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for UK citizens.
• Entrance Requirements:
• Applicants must have an unconditional or conditional offer to study for a full-time, one-year taught Master’s program at SOAS in the academic year 2019-20 by the scholarship deadline of 20 February.
• Applicants who are studying on a Master’s program or have been awarded a Master’s degree are not eligible to apply.
• Applicants must clearly demonstrate financial need. Priority will be given to those with the lowest adjusted gross income (AGI) from 2017-18. Please ensure the information on your scholarship application regarding your AGI is correct as we will use this information to prioritize candidates. Important: applicants must submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by 15 March 2019 and indicate SOAS as a School.
• Applicants who are the first in their family to go to university or who come from a challenging financial background are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
• Applicants must have graduated from a US high school and have obtained their undergraduate degree at a US College or University.
• Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
• Applicants must have an unweighted GPA of at least 3.50 in their undergraduate degree. Those with higher unweighted GPA may be given preference.
• Applicants must provide clear intentions of how they would plan to give back to SOAS as a student and as an alumni
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: You must follow three steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your program
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to a full-time one year taught Master’s program. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the program about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2019).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 16:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2019.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form which will open here on 23 January 2019.
- STEP 3: You must submit your FAFSA by 15 March 2019 and indicate SOAS as a School.