In partnership with United Nations University, the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) is offering the UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Japan.
The JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is designed to provide promising, highly qualified, young researchers with the opportunity to conduct advanced research in sustainability in co-operation with host researchers at Japanese universities and research institutions.
A fine program for aspirants.
User Review( votes)
The UNU Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS, Tokyo) acts as the nominating authority for the JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme. This fellowship is aimed at candidates who have completed their doctorates in the past six years and also have professional and/or research experience. UNU-IAS will assist in securing acceptance from host researchers for shortlisted candidates.
- Application Deadline: February 21, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowship is awarded to pursue a postdoctoral degree program.
- Number of Awards: Not given.
- The award can be taken in Tokyo, Japan
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of countries that have diplomatic relations with Japan are eligible to participate.
- Entrance Requirements:
- This fellowship is aimed at candidates who have completed their doctorates in the past six years and also have professional and/or research experience.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (received on or after 2 April 2014) when the fellowship begins, or be scheduled to receive a doctoral degree before the fellowship begins.
- English Language Requirements: If applicants want to apply for this fellowship, language proficiency in English is essential.
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates are invited to submit a completed Application Form and supporting documents to [email protected] If an applicant does not have access to the Internet, he or she should contact UNU-IAS. The form and the required documents indicated in the form must be in English. If supporting documents are not in English, English translations must be attached.
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- A monthly maintenance allowance of JPY362,000
- A settling-in allowance of JPY200,000 (based on JSPS regulations)
- Overseas travel, accident, and sickness insurance coverage, etc.