Scholarships provide students with an opportunity to be educated. Keeping this in mind, the University of Sydney is presenting the Judge Ralph J Perdriau International Scholarships in Common Law for worldwide brilliant students.
The educational award is open for high-potential candidates commencing in a postgraduate research degree program at Sydney’s University in Australia.
Outstanding funding opportunity for international students in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1850, the University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Australia. It is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the leading and reputable universities in the world.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The university’s goal is to help you learn the skills, knowledge, and values you’ll need to lead in an ever-changing world. You’ll meet new people and get resources to help you succeed.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International Students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate Research program in Common Law
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an international student
- Have an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master of Laws (LLM) by Research within the Sydney Law School
- Be willing to conduct research in common law
- Hold at least one of the following degrees:
- A Bachelor of Laws (Honours First Class) or equivalent, or
- A Master of Laws by Research, or
- A Master of Laws by Coursework including a research component equivalent to 25% of one year’s full-time enrolment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, you must take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the University of Toronto. After being registered, candidates must submit an online application form for the opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit academic certificates, curriculum vitae, a personal statement which demonstrates their interest in the discipline of common law and previous research achievements, and a research proposal with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: To enrol, applicants must meet the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
This scholarship program will provide a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney’s Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate (indexed on 1 January each year). Academic course fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) are also provided.
The scholarship will also cover the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for a successful international applicant (single cover only) for the normal full-time duration of their higher degree studies at the time of the award.
Stipend allowance duration:
- Up to 1.75 years for a successful full-time LLM by Research recipient. No extension is possible.
- Up to 3 years for a successful full-time PhD recipient, with a possible extension of 6 months.
- Academic course fees and SSAF duration:
- Up to 7 research periods for a successful full-time LLM by Research recipient. No extension is possible
- Up to 12 research periods for a successful full-time PhD recipient, with a possible extension of 2 research periods.