Applications are invited for one Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/Project Assistant position in a SERB, DST sponsored project entitled, “Physiological and molecular approaches to dehydration stress tolerance and recovery in Oryza sativa L.: role of calcium,”. Duration of fellowship is for three years. Applicant must have an M.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Molecular biology/ in any area of Life Sciences with NET qualified with research experience/project work.
Dept. of Botany was established in 1949. The Dept. received a grant under the Career Oriented Programme for introducing an Advanced Diploma in Biotechnology. The Dept. has introduced Honors programme in Biotechnology from 2006. At present Dept. have eight laboratories with modern facilities like Tissue Culture Lab., Microbiology Lab., Molecular Biology Lab., Biochemistry Lab. etc.
Best offer for candidates.
User Review( votes)
- Study Subject(s): The fellowship is awarded in Physiological and molecular approaches to dehydration stress tolerance and recovery in Oryza sativa L. role of calcium.
- Course Level: This fellowship is available for a research program at Karimganj College.
- Scholarship Provider: SERB, DST sponsored a project
- The award can be taken at India, Assam
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Molecular biology/ in any area of Life Sciences.
- Desired qualification: NET qualified with research experience/project work in areas of plant biochemistry/Stress physiology/molecular biology/ biotechnology with the published paper.
- Age limit: 28 Years
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Applicants from India are eligible for this research fellowship.
The number of award(s): One junior research fellowship is offered.
Duration of award(s): The position is for three years. The initial appointment is for six months and extension is based on a satisfactory review of work done during the previous year. The position will be co-terminus with end of the project.
What does it cover? As per DST norms
How to Apply
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically or by post. An application may be sent including CV, a statement of interest and copies of credentials as ‘.pdf’ attachment by email and/ or hard copy to Dr H Upadhyaya, Assistant Professor & Principal Investigator, SERB, DST project’, Department of Botany and Biotechnology, Karimganj College, Karimganj-788710, Assam, India. Email: hkupbl_au-at-rediffmail.com: within 10 days of publication of this advertisement. Incomplete applications will NOT be entertained.
Application Deadline: Closed