The Institute for Astronomy of the ETH Zurich invites applications for one PhD position in the research group of Prof. Schawinski to work on active galaxies, galaxy-black hole co-evolution, as well as citizen science. International applicants can apply for this International PhD Position. TOEFL and GRE scores are required.
The Institute for Astronomy of the ETH Zurich invites applications for one PhD position in the research group of Prof. Schawinski to work on active galaxies, galaxy-black hole co-evolution, as well as citizen science. The project will use multi-wavelength data to trace black hole activity, stellar populations and gas in nearby and distant galaxies.
Wonderful opportunity for claimants.
User Review( votes)
- Study Subject (s): The position is awarded in the Galaxy and Black Hole Astrophysics at Institute for Astronomy of the ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
- Course Level: This studentship is for pursuing PhD research at the Institute for Astronomy of the ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
- Scholarship Provider: The Institute for Astronomy of the ETH Zurich
- The award can be taken at Switzerland
- A Master’s degree is required.
- Applications are invited from all nationalities and should consist of a CV, description of relevant research experience, academic transcripts, scores from relevant standardized tests (e.g. TOEFL, GRE), and a personal statement of interests and goals.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: International applicants are eligible for this PhD research position.
Duration of award(s): Funding is available for up to four years.
What does it cover? The salary scale is attractive (CHF 52,500 – 60,000) and there is substantial support for travel (observing, conference, and collaboration), computing and publication charges other Included Benefits: Standard Swiss Social Security, Accident Insurance and Pension contributions.
How to Apply
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically. All materials should be submitted in a single pdf file to eth-astro-blackhole-phd-at-phys.ethz.ch. At least two letters of reference should be sent, directly by the referees, to the same email-address.
application Deadline: Closed