Kalaignar M. Karunanidhi Classical Tamil Award for the Year 2010 for scholars and researchers
Study Subject: Archaeology,Epigraphy,Numismatics, Ancient Grammar and Linguistic Study,Literary Criticism,Creative Writing,Translation, Music, Dance, Drama, Painting and Sculpture
Employer:Central Institute of Classical Tamil,
Level:Scholars and researchers
Description: Kalaignar M. Karunanidhi, Honourable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, has created out of his personal funds an endowment in his name for Classical Tamil Research in the Central Institute of Classical Tamil. From the endowment, an Award will be given to scholars and researchers of eminence every year. The Institute has great pleasure in inviting proposals for the Award for the year 2010.
* The award is one of the highest honours conferred in India.
* The award carries a cheque for Rs. One million, an eighty gram Gold Medal bearing the image of Kalaignar M. Karunanidhi, a five-metal statue of Thiruvalluvar and a citation plaque.
* The Award is scheduled to be presented to the candidate every year on the occasion of the birthday of the donor, i.e., 3 June.
* The award is given for the best contribution to Classical Tamil studies by a researcher or a research institution in the following areas leading to the creation of new knowledge in Ancient Tamil Culture and Civilization and gaining international recognition:
User Review( votes)
4. Ancient Grammar and Linguistic Study
5. Literary Criticism
6. Creative Writing
8. Music, Dance, Drama, Painting and Sculpture
* The award is given for a single work of great erudition or for a lifetime contribution depending on its uniqueness, excellence and international recognition.
* The awardee may be an eminent scholar of any nationality and the work may be in any language provided that it attracts global attention.
* Proposals for the award may be made by:
o Eminent Scholars and Professors in any of the subject areas mentioned above
o Scholars of repute and persons who have won any of the accredited national or international awards
No individual scholar shall propose himself/herself for the award.
Application Deadline:18th February 2011