The American University in Cairo (AUC) is inviting applications for Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Scholarship Fund. The scholarship will allow outstanding Egyptian students an opportunity to study at AUC.
The American University in Cairo is an independent, English language, private, research university located in Cairo, Egypt.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must have adequate English-language skills as demonstrated by the IELTS/iBT exam.
- Application Deadline: June 7, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Once the program is fully funded, two students will receive the scholarships each year and two will graduate, maintaining 10 Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Scholarship students at AUC in perpetuity.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Egypt
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Egyptian students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
Be enrolled in thanawiya amma in the AY 2017 – 2018
Public or private national high school graduate with demonstrated financial need
An active member in school activities or in the local community
A minimum score of 95 percent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 90 percent in the non-science division
Adequate communication skills
Orientation and commitment to public service
Potential for further leadership development
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have adequate English-language skills as demonstrated by the IELTS/iBT exam.
- Program application
- Financial aid application
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A letter from the school’s administration identifying the type of school (i.e., governmental, private or experimental)
- Official copy of third preparatory, first secondary and second secondary high-school certificates
- Official copy of the thanawiya ammacertificate upon announcement of the grades
- Proof of extracurricular activities ( i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 6 in both writing and total score ora TOEFL iBT score of 76 and 20 for writing
How to Apply:
Applicants should send the above documents using registered mail with notification request to: Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships.