Applications are invited for King Baudouin African Development Prize for development work in Africa. The Prize is awarded every other year by the King Baudouin Foundation. It offers its winners unique opportunities to increase their visibility and promote their cause to international audiences,
The King Baudouin African Development Prize (awarded every other year) aims to reward individuals or organizations who are making an outstanding contribution to development in Africa.
Fabulous Prize for Development Work in Africa.
User Review( votes)
The King Baudouin African Development Prize rewards outstanding contributions to development in Africa initiated and led by Africans. The Prize also seeks to draw public attention to the many inspirational stories, including challenges and successes, emerging from the African continent.
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Students from African countries (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this prize.
- The Prize endeavors to reward innovative initiatives of Africans with a longer-term vision and impact a proven track record in improving the quality of life.
- The Selection Committee also pays particular attention to initiatives that stand out as the best in their field, improve the quality of life of the people they serve and empower people to take development into their own hands.
- The King Baudouin African Development Prize rewards outstanding contributions to development in Africa initiated and led by Africans.
- There are no restrictions as to the chosen themes. The Selection Committee favors positive approaches that deal with actual challenges in Africa.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Benefit: Scholarship of € 200,000 value will be awarded.