The Graduate School is pleased to announce scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. The studentships are open to international students who plan to undertake a postgraduate research degree (MPhil/PhD) at King’s College London.
King’s College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a founding constituent college of the federal University of London.
Worthy offer for participants
User Review( votes)
The level of English language, applicants are required to demonstrate is dependent upon the programme for which they have applied. The level of English required for each programme is denoted by a five-band system, each band corresponds to a level of English language competence.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue postgraduate research degree (MPhil/PhD) at King’s College London.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in all the subjects offered by the university
- Number of Awards: A limited number of opportunities are available.
- Nationality: International Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these endowments.
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible
- Existing research degree students are not eligible to apply
- The scholarship cannot be held on a part-time basis
- Professional doctorate degrees are not eligible
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible
- Joint-degree programmes are not eligible
- Be due to commence an MPhil/PhD research degree programme in any Faculty at King’s College London during the 2019/20 academic year;
- Be classified as overseas fee status;
- Have submitted all the required application materials by the funding deadline (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below)The scholarship cannot commence prior to September/October 2019
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must
- Please note that Chinese students are eligible to apply to King’s PGR international awards as well as King’s China Council Scholarships; however, they will not be considered for both schemes and therefore will need to decide at application stage whether they enter EITHER 1920-KCSC OR 1920-PGR-INT as the code in the Award Scheme Code or Name funding box. See the King’s China Scholarships guidelines for further details about this scheme.
- English Language Requirements: The level of English language, applicants are required to demonstrate is dependent upon the programme for which they have applied. The level of English required for each programme is denoted by a five-band system, each band corresponds to a level of English language competence
How to Apply:
Applications will be invited from October 2018 and will close on Friday 11th January 2019 at 23:59 GMT sharp.
Please follow the instructions below.
1) Apply to King’s College London for a research degree programme using the online admissions application (https://apply.kcl.ac.uk/)*
2) Ensure you tick the box and enter the code 1920-PGR-INT(please copy and paste this code exactly) at item 5 (Award Scheme Code or Name) on the funding part of the KCL Application Form
Each support will provide funding to cover:
- The international/overseas tuition fee
- An annual stipend
- Research, Training and Support Grant/Bench fees, valued as follows:
– Wet Lab: £5,000 per annum
– Dry Lab: £2,500 per annum
– Clinical Research: £2,000 per annum
– Other (desk research): £1,000 per annum