Columbia Journalism School is now accepting applications for Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism for the 2020-2021 academic year. International Journalists are eligible to apply for these endowments.
The Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism offers qualified journalists the opportunity to enhance their understanding and knowledge of business, economics, and finance in a yearlong, full-time program administered by the Journalism School.
Wonderfull offer for international journalists to get full tuition plus a $60,000 living stipend in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Columbia Journalism School is one of the leading journalism schools in the world. They are also one of the oldest with more than 100 years of experience in educating journalism’s future leaders and trailblazers. Their tradition is rooted in the bedrock values of journalistic ethics and excellence, but we are also leaders of cutting-edge journalistic innovation and media scholarship.
Course Level: Fellowships are awarded to Journalists.
Study Subject: Fellowships are available in the field of Economic, Business Journalism and Finance.
Award: For the 2020-2021 academic year, starting in August 2020, they anticipate awarding 10 fellowships that cover full tuition, plus a $60,000 living stipend.
Number of Awards: Up to 10 fellowships will be awarded.
The award can be taken in the USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The fellowship is open to full-time editorial employees of newspapers, magazines, wire services, digital media, and broadcast news organizations as well as to freelance journalists. Applicants must have at least four years of experience.
- There are no academic prerequisites. The affiliation of applicants is not a factor in the selection process.
- Journalists from nationally known organizations are not given preference over those from smaller regional media.
Nationality: International Journalists are eligible to apply for these endowments.
How to Apply:
The mode of application is online.
The key things you will need to submit include:
- $100 application fee
- A professional resume
- An essay of no more than 1,000 words on business or economic trend
- Four original samples of work
- College or university transcript(s)
- Three letters of reference
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2020.