KT&G Fellowship at GSIS, for Turkish, Iranian, Russian, Kazakhstani, Indonesian, Yonsei 2010
Application Deadline: November 30, 2009
The KT&G Foundation offers scholarships to the Turkish, Iranian, Russian, Kazakhstani, Indonesian students who seek a master’s degree at the Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS) of Yonsei University:
User Review( votes)
?. Eligibility and Conditions
- Degree: A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree.
- Age : No limit
- Health: Applicants must be in both sound physical and mental health.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants must possess strong English language proficiency (Recommended score of TOEFL CBT 237 (IBT 93/PBT 580), IELTS 6.5 or above).
- Arrival in Korea: Scholarship recipients must arrive in Korea by February 23, 2010 and must attend the new student orientation program on February 24, 2010 at Yonsei GSIS.
- Application Period: All necessary documents must be submitted to the Yonsei GSIS office between September 1, 2009 ~ November 30, 2009. All original documents should arrive at the GSIS office by this date.
Yun Jeong Choi
Graduate School of International Studies
New Millennium Hall 510
134 Sinchon-dong Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-749
Republic of Korea
?. Terms of Fellowship
the program covers a maximum of 24 months (2 years), from March 2010 to February 2012. Students must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0/ 4.3 every semester to maintain fellowship eligibility.
?. Scholarship Details
- Tuition fee: The KT&G Foundation will provide tuition fee for Spring 2010 through Fall 2011 (up to 4 semesters).
- Stipend: The KT&G Foundation will provide a monthly stipend of KRW 1,000,000(= USD 892) for up to 24 months.
- Participation in a field trip, a roundtable conference prepared by the Foundation
- Participation in events and activities upon request from the school or the foundation
- Submission of a report on your life in Korea two months prior to your graduation and a copy of your Master’s thesis
- KT&G Fellowship recipients must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.3 scale in order to retain their scholarship. If they fail in this requirement at any time, their support will be cancelled and they will be ineligible to receive it again in further semesters.
- If a KT&G Fellowship recipient decides to withdraw from their program of study they must pay the KT&G Foundation the full amount of the program received up to the time of withdrawal.
V. Required Documents
- For all documents concerning admission, please refer to the GSIS website: http://gsis.yonsei.ac.kr.
- KT&G Fellowship at Yonsei GSIS Application Form (attached)
- A Letter of Recommendation from the Dean or an equivalent official at the student’s institution with an approved signature of the Rector/President of the Home Institution (attached)