The Käte Hamburger Kolleg offers Research Fellowships scheme to reward outstanding German scholars. These fellowships are available for the case studies of religious encounters.
The aim of the fellowships is to contribute to the understanding of the law in times of advancing globalization.
User Review( votes)
The Käte Hamburger Kolleg “Law as Culture” is a from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research funded international Humanities Research College. The Käte-Hamburger Kolleg “Law as Culture” regularly invites scientists to apply for one of ten Fellowships (or Junior Fellowships) on a given topic.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in case studies of religious encounters with a focus on a particular geographical region, a particular period of time and a particular constellation of encounters between two or more religions.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Time and space for research in a high-quality interdisciplinary environment;
- Up to EURO 5,800 per month fellowship as a grant or as a salary for fellows, as a substitute at their home institution;
- An excellent infrastructure (location near Bochum Campus in Germany, libraries, inter-library loan etc.);
- Travel expenses related to research activities (subject to approval);
- Means for organizing conferences or workshops on religious contacts (subject to approval).
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Applicants must at least hold a PhD.
- The publication of results from your case study in the form of one or more articles as a contribution to our online journal Entangled Religions;
- The willingness to make use, in your case study, of theoretical concepts developed at the KHK over the past years, including specific critical evaluations of of e.g. “purity”, “secret”, “tradition”, “media”, “the senses”, “the immanence/transcendence-distinction” and “dynamics/stability”;
- Applicant’s residence and continuous presence in Bochum during your fellowship;
- Applicant’s committed participation to the activities of the Käte Hamburger Kolleg.
Nationality: German applicants can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Applicants should send a letter of interest, a current CV, including a list of publications, and an expose? of the intended research (approximately 3-5 pages). Application materials should be submitted by e-mail only as a single pdf-file to ceres-khk-fellowapplication-at-rub.de
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.