The Southeast Asian Regional Center has established Seed Research Fellowship for Southeast Asian applicants. These fellowships are available to assist students in their research project in the field of agriculture.
These fellowships aim to provide start-up funds to researchers and scientists who can make significant contributions to the development of the region but lack the funds to carry out their projects.
User Review( votes)
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) is a non-profit organization established by the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) in 1966.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of agriculture.
Award: A grant of up to $15,000 shall be awarded as seed fund for research/training.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
The award can be taken in Southeast Asia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- The proponent should be a Southeast Asian national who is a graduate of at least a four-year degree course, with limited research/training start-up funds.
- Priority in terms of a number of slots will be given to the following:
- SEARCA Graduate Scholarship Alumni
- Faculty and Staff of members of the University Consortium
- Faculty and staff of universities under SEARCA’s Institutional Development Assistance Program
- Southeast Asian nationals outside of the above-mentioned SEARCA network who are regular employees of development organizations, academic institutions, and government agencies of any of the SEA countries may likewise be considered.
- Re-Applying Grantees: Previous grantees may reapply provided that their last SFRT grant has not been within the preceding two years.
Nationality: Applicants of Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Myanmar, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Cambodia and Brunei can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be graduate.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- All proposals and related documents should be submitted online. All applicants will fill out the system’s online submission form completely for their application to proceed and be submitted. In the event that a problem is encountered in uploading the proposal, said proposal should be emailed to sfrt-at-searca.org.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 1 of every year.