Kyushu University is inviting applicants for Kyushu University Friendship Scholarships Scheme. Scholarships are open to students from abroad for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme.
By offering them a chance to study abroad at Kyushu University, the scheme aims to foster the nation’s future leaders, maintain good relations with Kyushu University, and play the role of point of contact to cultivate joint research and bring in external capital depending on their course or career after graduation.
Nice offer for international students.
User Review( votes)
Kyushu University, abbreviated to Kyudai, is a Japanese public university located in Fukuoka, Kyushu. It is the 4th oldest university in Japan and one of the former Imperial Universities.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until May, 2022
- Course Level: Undergraduate and graduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Varies
- Number of Scholarships: NA
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: International students
- Entrance Requirements:
1. Students who are enrolled in non-Japanese universities.
2. Students who are talented in need of financial assistance.
3. Students who can be accepted by an undergraduate school or graduate school of Kyushu University as Special Auditors, Special Research Students or Double Degree Program students.
4. Students who are considering to study as degree-seeking students at Kyushu University in the future. (Only for Special Auditors andSpecial Research Students)
5. Students who have been successfully accepted or are under the procedure of acceptance at Kyushu University as of the application for this scholarship.
6. Students who can pay the tuition fee in case they come from the universities which don’t have an agreement of student exchange with Kyushu University.
7. Students who have applied for the student exchange program in case they come from the universities which have the agreement of student exchange with Kyushu University. (In principle)
8. Students whose terms of study is more than 3 months and the status of Visa is “College Students” in Japan.
How to Apply
- How to apply: In order to apply for the award, candidates are obligatory to apply through an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Prepare application documents for applicants mentioned above, and send them to the academic supervisor by post.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The Kyushu University will provide all the following benefits:
- Both your period of enrollment at Kyushu University and the length of stay in Japan must be more than 16 days of the month concerned in order to receive a monthly stipend.
Monthly Stipend: 80,000 JPY
- Travel Expenses: Travel expenses up to the amount below will be covered (actual cost). The details are as follows; Asia Up to 50,000 JPY Outside of Asia: 100,000 JPY *The area designated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
- Round-trip economy air ticket via the most direct route between Fukuoka and the location of the recipient’s university. Air tickets and transportation fees in the recipient’s home country will not apply unless receipts and other proof of purchase are made.
- Incidental Expenses only expenses incurred through visas, travel taxes, and airport taxes will be borne by Kyushu University. In the event that receipts and proof of payment are not submitted, these expenses will not be covered.