La Trobe University has decided to award the La Trobe Industry Research Scholarships Medibank to students interested in improving the clinical care and outcomes for people with anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries. The scholarship is open to applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship application has been offered to all students who are interested in this project, be it Australian nationals, students from New Zealand or any other international students. Students who have applied for a PhD programme and hold a relevant bachelor or master degree qualifications are eligible to win this scholarship that includes a stipend of $28,854, tuition fee, and other allowances.
This funding opportunity will provide students with the award of $28,854.00 per annum.
User Review( votes)
La Trobe University is a public research university based in Melbourne that is ranked in the world’s top 400 universities. It aims to ensure that their actions equip their university to surmount current difficulties and remain sustainable, and relevant as the world returns to normalcy from this unexpected pandemic.
Why choose to study at La Trobe University? La Trobe University has a rich batch of faculty that are highly respected and address some of the most significant issues. It possesses a co-developed Career Ready Advantage Program with distinguished employers so the students receive adequate amount of support in their job search.
Application Deadline: Applications for this scholarship will not be accepted after 8th May, 2022.
- University or Organization: La Trobe University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,854
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian nationals and students from overseas are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake a PhD programme to study Reducing Unnecessary Knee Surgery in Young Adults at La Trobe University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must use the official online portal set up by the university for students. Then, to express an interest in the project, students must contact project supervisor Dr Adam Culvenor [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- University academic transcripts and completion certificates (originals or certified copies)
- Professional CV (resume) outlining relevant work experience, academic awards, prior research background etc.
- Details of any publications
- A copy of your Master’s thesis
- A preliminary research proposal of no more than 300 words
- Birth certificate or citizenship certificate (original or certified copy, for domestic applicants only)
- Documentary evidence of your English language proficiency (optional)
- Current passport and/or an Australian visa
- Admission Requirements: Students must have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above or a Bachelor (Honours), Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years with a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects in their qualifying degree.
- Language Requirement: The students are requested to check the English language requirements of the university and submit proof of proficiency accordingly.
La Trobe University will provide the selected students the following benefits:
- A La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,854.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2022 rate)
- A fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- Relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- Opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.