The LAGRANT Foundation is now accepting applications from US students to apply for its scholarship program for the academic year 2020/21.
There are 30 awards available for undergraduate (current freshmen, sophomores, juniors and non-graduating seniors) applicants in the US. The aim of the foundation is to increase the number of ethnic minorities in the fields of advertising, marketing and public relations.
User Review( votes)
The LAGRANT Foundation is a nonprofit organization and their workshops provide the students with an opportunity to speak with industry professionals about their field of interest and speciality.
Why should apply for the program? While taking part in a foundation program, students will receive a lot of internships as well as job opportunities. Here, candidates can develop creative thinking and strong collaboration skills.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
- Organization: The LAGRANT Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $2,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 30
- Nationality: US students
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for US Students only
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: To pursue an undergraduate degree in any subject area
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or DACA recipient
- Must be a member of one of the following ethnic groups: African American/Black, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American/Alaska Native
- Must be a full-time student at a four-year, accredited institution within the U.S., carrying a total of 12 units or more per semester/quarter
- MUST major in a field of study that has an emphasis on advertising, marketing or public relations
- Must have at least one year to complete his/her degree from the time the scholarships are awarded in May 2020
- Recipients MUST be available to participate in the scholarship activities from May 17-20, 2020. If chosen, the applicant MUST attend TLF’s scholarship activities to receive the scholarship. The applicant must make a one-year commitment to maintain contact with TLF to receive professional guidance and academic support.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the award, applicants need to download the form Undergraduate Scholarship Application on their system. Thereafter, applicants should fill it with all the required materials.
- Supporting Documents: One reference letter from a college professor or internship advisor on official letterhead and signed
- Your current resume
- Unofficial transcripts from your college/university. If you are selected as a finalist, you must provide official transcripts.
- Headshot photo of the applicant
- Application form, which includes all of the following components. The following essay questions should be answered on separate pages:
- A one to two-page essay outlining your career goals and where you see your career path leading you. In addition, explain why you believe it’s important to increase the number of ethnic minorities in the fields of advertising, marketing and public relations. You can include accomplishments relevant to increasing awareness about diversity in your community.
- A brief paragraph explaining college and/or community activities in which you are involved in
- A brief paragraph describing any honors and awards that you have received
- *Optional: If you do not think your GPA accurately reflects your scholastic capability and achievement, then draft an essay no longer than one-page explaining the discrepancy
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (if you do not meet this requirement, please see the application checklist below)
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The scholars will receive the award amount of $2,500 towards their undergraduate study in the USA. The recipients will also receive a trip to New York City, New York where they will participate in career building activities including a welcome dinner with a keynote speaker, two daylong career & professional development workshops and a scholarship & donor recognition reception.