Getting a degree is always beneficial in a career, but it can be difficult with some financial barriers. To cover study expenses, Lamar University is offering Competitive Graduate international awards for the academic year 2021-2022.
The study program aims to provide financial support to international students commencing a graduate degree at the university in the United States.
Founded in 1923, Lamar University (LU) is a public university located in Beaumont, Texas. LU offers over 100 plus programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees through its seven colleges.
Why would like to study at Lamar University? At Lamar University, you can shape your own collegiate experience. Each student has the capacity to build their own unique academic experience through opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
Application Deadline: September 1
- University: Lamar University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate degree
- Awards: $1,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Graduate degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Students who enroll for fewer than 9 hours during a long semester must provide a one-time reduced course load request and a memorandum to the Dean of Graduate Studies from the Department Chair unless the students have completed the course requirement and register in thesis/dissertation courses as part of the degree requirement for the remaining period of study.
- International students must remain enrolled full-time and may only enroll for a reduced load in their graduating semester.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this award, all international graduate applicants should submit online applications through the Apply Texas system.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit the following official transcript(s) indicating:
- The conferred bachelor’s or master’s degree as required for the intended program from a regionally accredited US institution or its equivalent.
- The most recent attendance if it differs from the institution of the conferred degree. This requirement applies regardless of the length of time in attendance and regardless of whether credit was earned or is desired.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants check the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: International applicants, both undergraduate and graduate, must provide proof of English language proficiency through scores on the TOEFL or IELTS.
Lamar University will provide an award amount of $1,000 to the winning candidates for the graduate study.