If you are looking for an internship, you have a chance to join the 2021 LAWG Summer Internship at Latin America Working Group (LAWG) as an Advocacy Intern. You will assist with their efforts to promote a human rights-based approach to U.S. policy towards Latin America.
Interns work closely with staff on all four campaigns, doing what is necessary as it arises. Interns are encouraged to work a minimum of three days or 20 hours per week.
Wonderful internship for applicants.
User Review( votes)
As an intern, you will gain experience working in a professional environment through the lens of a D.C.-based nonprofit; and skills in online grassroots political organizing.
- Field of Internship: Internship is available for politics, economics, social issues, and human rights
- Course Level: Internship
- Internship Provider: Latin America Working Group (LAWG)
- An internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Classification: Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or recent graduate/other
- Candidate must be enrolled in any major at the university and have qualified GPA
- Applicants must have a strong interest in the understanding of politics, economics, social issues, and human rights in Latin America.
Is this paid internship? Internships are unpaid but are eligible for a $10/day travel stipend and academic credit.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: A minimum of three days or 20 hours per week.
How to Apply
- Completed applications should be submitted through our online application form before the deadline.
- All documents should be uploaded in a single pdf.
- The cover letter that states:
- Why you are specifically interested in LAWG’s work
- Why you are qualified for the position, including relevant coursework, experience, or study abroad
- Writing sample
- 2-3 pages maximum (can be excerpt) in English that focuses on a relevant topic (Latin America, U.S. policy towards Latin America, human rights issues, advocacy). It can be an academic paper, blog post, or news article.
- Optional: writing sample in Spanish with the same qualifications as above.
- Two references with:
- Capacity in which you worked with them
- Email and phone number
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is March 14.
- March 14: Summer Internship (late May/early June to mid-August)
- July 14: Fall Internship (late August/early September to mid-December)
- November 14: Spring Internship (mid-January to mid-May)