Lee Kong Chian Scholarships are available to outstanding local and foreign undergraduates studying full-time at the Singapore Management University.
Up to 30% of the tuition fee scholarships are awarded annually, each tenable for up to four years of the scholars’ studies, subject to outstanding academic performance and continued observance of the eligibility criteria.
Great offer to receive a 30% tuition fee discount for study in Singapore.
User Review( votes)
Singapore Management University is a public, autonomous national university in Singapore that specializes in business and management studies.
Applicants are required to take TOEFL or IELTS if they are from countries where English is not the medium of instruction.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: These Scholarships entail award amounts up to 30% of the tuition fee, with no bonds attached.
- Number of Scholarships: Varies
- Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Full-time SMU first-year undergraduate student of any nationality
- The option of enrolling in a single degree or double degree programme. Those in the double degree programme must take Business as one of the two degrees. Scholars enrolled in a single degree programme must take a second major: scholars enrolled in the Business programme will take a second major from a non-business discipline, while scholars enrolled in SMU’s other schools (Law, Accountancy, Social Sciences, Economics or Information Systems) must take a second major offered by the Lee Kong Chian School of Business.
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- A substantial record of co-curricular activity and/or community service involvement
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
- Entrance Requirements: Full-time SMU first-year undergraduate student of any nationality pursuing a double degree programme, including the Bachelor of Business Management
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to take TOEFL or IELTS if they are from countries where English is not the medium of instruction.
If you would like to be considered for this scholarship, please indicate your interest in the Scholarship section of the online application form for admission. There is no separate scholarship application form. Click here to apply to SMU.
- Applicants are required to submit a scholarship personal essay (to be completed and submitted online when applying for admission). Recommendation letters by their tutor or principal are optional but applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain such recommendations to support their scholarship application.
- Details on how to nominate your referee can be found in the online application for admission (under the Scholarship section).
- ensure that you give sufficient time to your referee to submit his/her recommendation online.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and the strength of their non-academic records.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to SMU for a panel interview.
Application Deadline: Scholarship is open for the academic year 2020.
July 2020: Application opens 1 December 2019
- Round 1: 31 January 2020
- Round 2: 31 March 2020
- Round 3: 30 April 2020