Rhodes University invites applications for the Lelona Fufu Memorial Honors Bursary in 2018. These awards are open to international students for pursuing an honours program at Rhodes University in South Africa.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to international students.
Rhodes University’s vision is to be an outstanding internationally-respected academic institution which proudly affirms its African identity and which is committed to democratic ideals, academic freedom, rigorous scholarship, sound moral values and social responsibility.
- Applications deadline: November 30, 2017
- Course Level: Bursary is available for pursuing an honours program at Rhodes University in South Africa.
- Study Subject: Bursary is provided in mathematics or mathematical statistics at Rhodes University in South Africa.
- Scholarship Award: Variable, up to a maximum of R90 000 per annum.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this Bursary.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Bursary is available to students of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Preference will be given to students who have come through the Foundation Programme and who have majored in the mathematical or statistical sciences. Applicants must be able to demonstrate financial need. The academic achievements and merits of the student’s grades will also be taken into account.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications must be sent via e-mail.
- Attached application form to be completed and submitted back to the office as a hard copy.
- Please provide a CV and full academic transcript with this application.
- An essay titled “The magic of Mathematics”. There is no minimum or maximum length of the essay.