Applications are invited for LGBTI Pulse Memorial Scholarship in Switzerland for the year 2019. These opportunities are created to provide financial support to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender; Intersex individuals between 18 and 26 who wish to pursue a college or university degree. Students from any nationality are eligible to apply for this application programme.
LGBTI Training Package introduces participants to foundation topics related to working with LGBTI people in the humanitarian context, including terminology, global issues, the types of discrimination and persecution LGBTI people face, how to successfully communicate with LGBTI people, problematic assumptions we may have that can impact the provision of effective assistance, and frequently asked questions about LGBTI issues.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in various subjects offered by the institutions.
- Award: Up to USD 5,000 in funding is available.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Students from any nationality
- The award can be taken in Geneva, Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: Students from any nationality are eligible to apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements:This scholarship is available to LGBTIQ between 18 and 26. You must be enrolled and about to begin studies, currently studying, or have completed your program in the last 12 months. You must either be a citizen, a permanent resident of, or have refugee status in, the country you are studying, or plan to study. Please note individuals attending an institution on a student visa are not eligible for this award.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Each candidate must:
1. Write a letter of intent, a maximum 800 words, detailing your belief that you should be the recipient of this year’s award and how it will support your pursuit of higher learning. Some questions to consider: How do you distinguish yourself as a leader? What leadership roles have you held? How have you supported others to grow in their own leadership experiences?
2. Provide a copy of your most recent transcript, scanned and uploaded as an attachment to your application. Secondary school is accepted if this is your most recent.
3. Provide two letters of recommendation. One on “Leadership qualities” and one on “Continued academic success”. At least one letter must be from a faculty member or instructor. Letters from family members are not accepted. Letters must be typed and uploaded as an attachment to your application.
4. Proof of enrollment in a post-secondary college or university, once you receive it. If you do not have this document by the time you submit your online application, please indicate this when prompted to do so.
5. Complete all sections of the online application form, upload all required supporting documents and submit by the deadline: 31 December
6. Be available for a telephone interview lasting between 30-45 minutes should you be one of the finalists selected.
Award money will be paid directly to the educational institution and only after proof of enrollment has been received. Requests for alternative arrangements will be considered exceptionally, upon direct request and a review of circumstances indicated. All decisions of the selection committee are final.
Letter of recommendation 1: Leadership qualities (template)
Letter of recommendation 2: Continued academic excellence (template)
Please complete your application and upload all required documents using the online application system by 31 December. All applicants will be acknowledged as having applied. Finalists will be contacted and interviews scheduled after the closing date.