Applications are invited for Ernst Mach Grant available for the students and young researchers from any country (except Austria) for research or to study at an Austrian University of Applied Sciences.
The OeAD advises, promotes and supports international cooperation in education, science, and research. It supports strategic development and accompanying implementation measures. It analyzes international trends and develops recommendations and measures.
A wonderful option to study in Austria.
User Review( votes)
The OeAD is the central service point for European and international mobility and cooperation programs in education, science, and research.
University or Organization: The OeAD
Course Level: Research Study
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Students of any country (except Austria)
The program can be taken in Austria
Application Deadline: Closed
Eligible for application are
- Postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/Ph.D. program outside Austria;
- postgraduates and post-docs wishing to pursue research in Austria with a view to an academic career and who completed their studies (at a university outside Austria) after September 30th, 2014;
- post-docs who are working as lecturers at a university outside Austria.
(Applicants under a) have to prove that they pursue doctoral/Ph.D. studies, applicants under c) have to prove that they are employed by a university.)
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Maximum age:35 years (born on or after Oct. 1st, 1980).
- Good knowledge of German, particularly in the respective subject area, is a prerequisite. For projects to be carried out in English good knowledge of English in the respective subject area is required.
- Students of any country (except Austria) can apply for these Ernst Mach grants.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The scholarship will only be granted for projects that can be completed within the scholarship period (max. 9 months).
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the two letters of recommendation, Consent of a lecturer, Scanned copy of your passport. Scanned copy of the university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, Ph.D. or doctoral studies.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must be Postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/Ph.D. program outside Austria.
- language Requirements: Applicants must have good knowledge of German, particularly in the respective subject area, is a prerequisite. For projects to be carried out in English good knowledge of English in the respective subject area is required.
Benefit: Supplementary grant, own funds are required!
- Monthly grant rate
a) for graduates: 940 EUR
b) for graduates with a Ph.D. degree: 1,040 EUR
- Accident and health insurance, accommodation
a) If necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
b) The OeAD-GmbH will endeavor to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants who wish to get accommodation arranged by the OeAD. Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on how much comfort the recipients of grants want). An administration fee of 18 EUR per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation.
The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the recipient of the grant.
- Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of 730 EUR maximum.