The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is awarding the Lieutenant Colonel Henry Kirkpatrick International Scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship is funded by Elsie and Daphne Kirkpatrick in memory of their father, Lieutenant Colonel Henry Kirkpatrick. The scholarship will be awarded exclusively to international students undertaking MSc in Public Health for Eye Care. One student will be presented with this award covering tuition fees, living costs, and more.
A wonderful option to get financial support for study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded by Patrick Manson in 1899, The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is a public research university in Bloomsbury, central London. The school is a member institution of the University of London and specializes in public health and tropical medicine. It is individually ranked 129th in Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine? The LSHTM believes in its values – to act with integrity, embrace difference, work together, and create an impact. These values reflect its attempts to fulfill its mission to improve health and health equity in the UK and worldwide. The school engages in partnership to achieve excellence in public and global health research.
Application Deadline: The applications will close at 23:59 (BST) on Sunday, 16th April 2023.
- University or Organization: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: Tuition fee and other benefits
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Foreign national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MSc Public Health for Eye Care programme taught at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold an LSHTM offer of admission for the MSc Public Health for Eye Care course.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to submit their admission applications on the LSHTM applicant portal. Interested students must complete a scholarship application to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Full contact details
- Qualification details
- Employment details
- Copy of passport (photo page) or EU National ID card
- Referees’ details (full names and email addresses)
- Personal statement
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates / relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of English language ability (if applicable)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a first degree at Second Class Honours (2:2) standard in a relevant discipline, a professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study, or relevant professional experience or training which is judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours (2:2) degree or above.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5 to 7.0
- PTE – 59 to 80
The studentship awardee will be provided the following benefits by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine:
- Full tuition fees for MSc Public Health for Eye Care at the overseas fee rate
- GBP 19,500.00 tax-free stipend towards living costs, flights, and visa costs (including the international health surcharge)
- GBP 1,500.00 towards MSc project costs
- GBP 1,100.00 upon successful completion of the course to be used towards attendance at the Alumni Workshop during the week of the graduation ceremony.