Applications are being accepted from outstanding candidates for Lila Fahlman Scholarships. This studentship is funded by the Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW).
Individual scholarships of $1000 will be awarded to Canadian Muslim women who are enrolled in full-time undergraduate or certificate programs at a Canadian college or university.
User Review( vote)
The Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW) is an organisation dedicated to empowering, equalising, and advancing all Muslim women in Canada. CCMW is a varied group dedicated to improving the position of women and supporting Muslim women to maintain their Islamic heritage while being faithful to their Canadian identity.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
- Organization: The Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or certificate programs
- Awards: $1000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Canadian Muslim women
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or certificate programs in any subject area.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
A Muslim woman student who:
- Is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Is enrolled in a full-time undergraduate diploma or certificate program at a Canadian college or university for the upcoming academic year.
- Is committed to completing the full academic year. Should the candidate not complete the year, they must return the funds.
- Is making a recognized positive contribution to society through civic engagement and/or volunteering experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this award, candidates must Signed Scholarship application form. A 1-2 minute video submission describing what Empowerment, Equality and Equity for Muslim women means to you.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit the following documents:
- An essay describing the reasons why you would be a worthy recipient of this Scholarship. Include your contribution to civic engagement at the community level, other volunteer activities, your academic achievements, your most important accomplishments and your future goals. (No more than 500 words, in 12-point font double spaced).
- Summary Financial Need
- Three letters of reference, which may be from a teacher from your school, college or university or someone who is familiar with your community service. A letter of reference from a CCMW member who is familiar with your accomplishments could be included here.
- Record of most recent Academic transcript
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have high school certificates
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW) will provide an award amount of $1000 to the successful candidates for the academic year 2022/2023.