Linköping University is thrilled to offer the International Postdoctoral Scholarship in Stretchable All-Organic Batteries. International candidates from all around the world (Non-Swedish citizens) who want to pursue their higher education in Sweden are eligible to apply.
The project aims to develop materials, design concepts and applications for stretchable all-organic batteries. Stretchable batteries are attractive for elastic IOT-tags and wearable devices, as they remain compliant and deformable even at significant thicknesses.
Beneficial offer for international students to get a chance to pursue postdoctoral study in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
Linköping University (LiU) is one of the largest universities in Sweden and today has 27,000 students and 4,000 employees. LiU conducts world-leading, cross-disciplinary research in areas that include materials science, IT and life science technology.
Why Study at Linköping University? If you wish to achieve a profound understanding of a particular area, doctoral studies at Linköping University may be for you. You learn scientific methodology, sound research ethics, and how to work independently and systematically.
Application Deadline: February 9, 2020
- University or Organization: Linköping University (Campus Norrköping)
- Department: Laboratory of Organic Electronics, Department of Science and Technology
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: SEK25000:-/month + Travel cost
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities except Sweden
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award will award for postdoctoral study in Stretchable All-Organic Batteries.
- Admissible Criteria: Claimants must meet all the following criteria:
- The program can be approved only to non-Swedish citizens with a PhD or equivalent acquired in another country than Sweden.
- The candidate must not have been employed by Linköping University previously.
- Experience in stretchable electronics will also be valued. Problem-solving ability, creativity and relative fluency in English are essential.
How to Apply
- To Apply: The application should be sent electronically to [email protected] and a copy to [email protected] Mark your application with reference number Dnr ITN-2020-00011 in the e-mail subject field.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents in pre-format. 1) Cover letter of 1 page describing your background and your interest in this position. 2) Curriculum vitae that includes at least two references that they can contact. 3) List of publications. 4) Max 1 page Statement of Research Interests. 5) Copy of PhD diploma. 6) Copy of MSc grades.
- Entry Requirements: The candidate should have or be about to obtain a PhD degree in a subject relevant to the research project. E.g. material science, applied physics, (electro) chemistry. Applicants need to be passionate about research.
- Language Requirement: Fluency in English is essential. If English is not your native language, students need to demonstrate proficiency in English before you can be admitted to Linköping University.
Linköping University will provide a funding for two years.
- The studentship amounts to SEK25000:-/month (tax-free) (~€2500/month)
- Travel costs to/from Sweden for an award holder will cover up to a maximum amount
- Funding can be available to join in conferences
- Important info about healthcare, insurances etc. can be found at [email protected]
This grant will focus on the development of novel functional material composites and fabrication processes for stretchable all-organic batteries. It is providing the postdoctoral scientist with the opportunity to learn and develop:
- Stretchable conducting polymer battery electrodes.
- Fabrication methods for stretchable electronics.
- Novel concepts for stretchable all-organic batteries.
- Applications for the developed batteries.
Note: Studies and research will be conducted in close collaboration with several partners, including the research institute RISE Acreo.