The Lord Rutherford Memorial Research Fellowship is open for graduate students to pursue their studies at the University of Canterbury. The Fellowship is available to New Zealand students only.
The fellowship is awarded for outstanding merit and promise in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics or in any other cognate subject which the Academic Board may from time to time designate so as to give the fellow an opportunity for further study or research at some institution approved by the Academic Board.
Nice chance to study a graduate degree New Zealand students only.
User Review( votes)
The University of Canterbury is New Zealand’s second-oldest university. It was founded in 1873 as Canterbury College, the first constituent college of the University of New Zealand.
- Applications Deadline: November 01, 2021
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue a graduate degree program.
- Study Subject: The fellowship shall be awarded for outstanding merit and promise in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics
- Awards: Up to $100,000 per annum
- Nationality: The Fellowship is available to New Zealand students
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: The Fellowship is available to New Zealand students
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Open to graduates of a university in New Zealand who were born in New Zealand or at the time of application have been resident in New Zealand for a period of seven years or more.
How to Apply: You may apply through this webpage approximately 8 weeks before applications close. If it’s possible to apply on-line for this scholarship there will be a link above to the online system. If the link is not provided, please download and complete the application form located below.
However, if the scholarship is managed by Universities NZ or another department of the University an External Website link will appear below and application instructions will be available through that link.
The University of Canterbury will provide award amount of up to $100,000 per annum, comprising the following:
• Tuition fees: Up to $50,000
• Stipend: $35,000
• Expenses: $15,000