The ‘Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation’ is pleased to offer the applications for current high school seniors who will or incoming freshmen enrolling full-time or part-time at a U.S. accredited institute.
Nice option to get an award for a college education.
User Review( votes)
The ‘Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation’ was established and funded in December 2005 by Betty B. Louie. It is committed to equal opportunity in education.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
- Provided By: The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation
- Course Level: Any
- Award: $100,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: US Citizens
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open only in the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award will grant for any degree courses in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered for this application , an applicant is required to:
- Be a freshman in the 2019-2020 academic year and anticipate enrolling at a U.S. accredited college/university in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Applicants who are currently not seniors in high school (e.g., students who are taking a gap year or adults returning to school), but applicants who will be considered incoming freshmen are eligible to apply.
- Have a cumulative, an un-weighted grade point average between 3.7 and 4.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). Students not on a 4.0 grading scale must convert their GPA to a 4.0 scale before submitting an application to the Foundation.
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1300 (out of 1600) or a minimum ACT score of 28. However, if you did not take the SAT or the ACT because the school you will be attending in the fall of 2019 does not require such test scores, please so indicate in the application form. The Foundation will verify this with the school before any award.
- Have applied to a U.S. college/university, either full-time or substantial part-time, and plan to enroll in a minimum of two terms for the school year (verified by submitting a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university as soon such acceptance letter is available).
- Special consideration will be noted for applicants:
- who have parents that are United States veterans or are currently in the U.S. military,
- with a demonstrated financial need,
- with parents who did not attend college, or
- with a documented significant disability
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, applicants are required to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: All supplemental application materials may be scanned and submitted to the Foundation – including transcripts, standardized test scores, and tax forms. If you are granted an award, they will ask for official copies of transcripts and test scores. Submit an essay as further described in the application. Submit for interviews in person or by phone / Skype, if requested.
- Entry Requirements: Must have an un-weighted GPA between 3.7 and 4.0 on a 4.0 scale,
- The ‘Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation’ is awarding approximately $100,000 in scholarships in 2019.
- The Foundation will provide the funds directly to the institution where the recipient enrolls, not be paid to the applicant directly.