Louisiana Tech University is inviting applications for the Freshman, Transfer, and General Scholarships to provide excellent education and affordable tuition administered through the Office of Admissions, USA.
The programs are available for national freshmen and transfer students wish to pursue another full bachelor’s degree at Louisiana Tech. Freshmen who have never been in college and transfer students who have college credit after completion of high school or already holds an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, etc. degree from another accredited institution.
A valuable offer to get a full bachelor’s degree at Louisiana Tech.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1894 as a public research university, Louisiana Tech University has over 163 officially recognized student organizations. Through its five academic colleges, Louisiana Tech offers associates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees.
Why at Louisiana Tech University? At Louisiana Tech, they offer students a chance to engage in high-impact learning practices such as study abroad. Students also have an opportunity to gain a unique educational experience and increase their chances of finding great jobs in Louisiana and beyond.
Application Deadline: January 5.
- University or Organization: Louisiana Tech University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: US citizen
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are for the U.S.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The awards will be awarded for a degree course in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must check the eligibility criteria:
General Scholarships (Competitive Freshman Scholarships):
- Bessie Purdy Scholarship: Admitted freshmen with an Education (including Ag Education) or Human Ecology major.
- CenturyLink Scholarship: Must have 3.0 cumulative GPA and admitted freshmen with an Accounting or Engineering major who live in Lincoln, Ouachita, Morehouse, Richland, or Union parishes and interview with a committee at CenturyLink.
- Colvin Memorial Scholarship: 3.2 cumulative GPA, ACT- 24 or SAT- 1090 (CR+M), and admitted incoming freshmen (all majors) who graduate from Dubach High School
- High School Rally Scholarship: Admitted incoming freshmen (A letter is automatically mailed to eligible students)
- Marbury Alumni Scholarship: Must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 unweighted scale) and admitted incoming freshmen who had at least one parent graduate from Louisiana Tech
- McGee Scholarship-Bienville: Admitted incoming freshmen who graduate from Bienville Parish high school and remain in good standing at the university
- McGee Scholarship-Red River: Admitted incoming freshmen who graduate from Red River Parish high school and remain in good standing at the university
- Grant-in-aid and Service Awards: The program is awarded on the basis of special skills and required the student to render a service to the University.
- Air Force ROTC Scholarships: Open to both men and women participants.
- Must be a US citizen to qualify for merit-based scholarships.
- Presidential, Deans’, and Outstanding Student Scholarships are annual amounts and are awarded for four years (not including summer); or for a maximum of 12 quarters if you choose to attend summer(s) – additional rules apply and a separate application is required for summer.
- Continuous full-time enrollment is required (minimum of 8 hours per quarter excluding summer).
- Scholarships are renewed each year provided a 3.00 cumulative GPA is maintained at the end of each Spring Quarter; Presidential Scholars must also maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA at the end of every quarter.
- In addition to merit-based scholarships, out-of-state students may also qualify for the Bulldog Scholarship which pays out-of-state tuition and fees.
Transfer Student Scholarships:
- Both in-state and out-of-state residents are eligible to apply.
- Students must be unconditionally admitted as a first-time, full-time degree-seeking transfer student on the main campus.
- Minimum 3.00 transfer GPA on 24-90 college-level transfer hours earned from regionally accredited colleges and/or universities (2.75 for Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship).
- The recipient must be a U.S. citizen.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before starting an application for the study fund, applicants are required to take admission for a degree program at Louisiana Tech. After getting an admission offer or being a university student, the candidate can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are bounded to send the high school diploma, official academic records or transcripts, ACT or SAT Scores, and GED scores (if don’t have a high school diploma). International students also are required to submit a copy of passport, Affidavit of Support, bank statement, and proof of English language proficiency. The documents can be submitted at the time of application submission to- Louisiana Tech University, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 3178, Ruston, LA 71272 or when requested by Graduate Admissions.
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to have 24 or more credits with a GPA of 2.25 to take admission at Louisiana Tech University.
- Language Requirement: To the general admission requirements, international students should have proof of English language proficiency as a TOEFL minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 80 (internet-based) and IELTS minimum test score of 6.5 (over 4 modules) in place of TOEFL test scores.
Louisiana Tech University will provide multiple awards as the following:
General Scholarships (Competitive Freshman Scholarships):
- Bessie Purdy Scholarship: Awards made depending on funds available.
- CenturyLink Scholarship: $1,500 per year for four academic years
- Colvin Memorial Scholarship: $800 for the fall quarter
- High School Rally Scholarship: $300 for the fall quarter
- Marbury Alumni Scholarship: 15 awards for $1,000 for one academic year
- McGee Scholarship-Bienville, McGee Scholarship-Red River, Grant-in-aid and Service Awards: Awards made depending on funds available.
- Air Force ROTC Scholarships: $300 per-month tax-free cash allowance
- Merit-Based Scholarships: GPA 3.0-3.749: Presidential $9,000, Deans’ Scholarship $8000, Outstanding Student who have 31 to 24 /ACT Score $6,000 to $2,000. GPA 3.75-4.0: Presidential $9,500, Deans’ Scholarship $8,500, Outstanding Student who have 31 to 24 /ACT Score $6,500 to $2,500,
- Valedictorian Outstanding Student $1,000
- National Merit Scholarship: Unlimited awards which pay tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and meals for four years.
- Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship: out-of-state tuition and fees
- Outstanding Student Transfer Scholarship: 24 – 60 Transfer Hours: (1) 3.0 to 3.49 GPA – $1,000 per year/$3,000 total, (2) 3.5 to 3.74 – $1,500 per year/$4,500 total, and (3) GPA 3.75 to 4.00 GPA – $2,000 per year/$6,000 total. 61 – 90 Transfer Hours: (1) 3.0 to 3.49 GPA – $1,000 per year/$2,000 total, (2) 3.5 to 3.74 – $1,500 per year/$3,000 total, and (3) GPA 3.75 to 4.00 GPA – $2,000 per year/$4,000 total.
- Outstanding Freshman Transfer Scholarship: Same as first-time freshman scholarship offer.
- Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship: Pays for all out-of-state tuition.
- Special Categories for Out-of-State Students: Tuition