The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is eagerly awaiting applications from developing countries applicants to apply for the international awards in Theology, Diakonia and Development.
There are 70 scholarships available for students who wish to apply for research studies or training related to theological, diaconal and development work.
This support will help you conduct higher education to receive a tuition-fee in Switzerland
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1947, LWF stands alongside local and international partners, helping communities achieve their full potential and advocating for their universal rights. Its various activities include mission, social welfare, and educational programs.
Why should apply for this Research Training Program? LWF programs empower students and church workers with knowledge, skills and values to strengthen the capacity of churches as they carry out their mission.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2020
- Provider: Lutheran World Federation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research training program
- Awards: Tuition-fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 70
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Training related to theological, diaconal and development work.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- For candidates who are church employees at the time of application, these age limits may be exceeded upon special request.
- Relatively higher consideration is made for female candidates who exceed the age limits due to social and cultural factors which cause them to pursue studies later.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The Church Endorsement and Application need to be completed through the online application system. The forms can be filled out in English, Spanish, French or German.
- Supporting Documents: All supporting documents must be uploaded and attached to the application. Applications are considered incomplete without attachments.
- Admission Requirements: The candidate must demonstrate convincingly his/her commitment, ability and motivation to pursue the training and to support the church afterwards (good educational and professional qualifications, recommendations and certificates, convincing character).
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English, French, German or Spanish.
Benefits: The Lutheran World Federation will provide a tuition-fee to the winning candidates.