Centre for Investigative Journalism is now supporting independent and highly motivated students through its Lyra McKee Investigative Journalism Training Bursary in the UK.
This bursary is established to provide the right training to people who belong to the unprivileged background and want to get into the field of journalism or are a journalist at the very early stages of their career.
Nice offer to get the chance of attending the conference with the cost.
User Review( votes)
Centre for Investigative Journalism is an independent charity based in the heart of London. It was founded in April 2003 by Gavin MacFadyen to train the new generation of reporters. It is also known as a think-tank, alternative university and an experimental laboratory.
Why should you apply for this bursary? This program is a golden opportunity for those who aspire to make a career in the media world. By providing training in this field, it will help individuals to achieve success. Regardless of people’s colour and their backgrounds, disabilities and community, it welcomes everyone.
Application Deadline: April 19, 2020
- University or Organization: Centre for Investigative Journalism
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: N/A
- Award: This award will cover the expenses associated with attending the conference.
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: the UK and Irish students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: the UK and Ireland
- Available Course or Subjects: Journalism
- Eligibility Criteria: Don’t forget to check the eligibility criteria before going to apply:
- Candidates must aspire to be journalists or at the early stages of their journalistic career
- Candidates who are unable to attend #CIJSummer Investigative Journalism Conference due to financial difficulties and who have no other means to fund their place
- Candidates must be residents of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland.
- Applicants must be 18 years old at the time of application
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: No need for supporting documents.
- Admission Requirements: Each course in the UK has its own entry requirements. Check out following that you must have: Qualifications and Grades, ID documents, and Experience and references
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in English to study in abroad. To prove their proficiency, candidates can provide certificates like IELTS or TOEFL.
Benefits: This bursary will cover expenses related to attending the conference.