The aim of the Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (MACC) Scholarships is to provide Malaysian students the opportunity to experience diverse cultures through sponsored education.
User Review( votes)
Programme is spearheaded and coordinated by the Malaysian Australian Alumni Council (The MAAC), a national organization for Malaysian Alumni Associations of Australian Universities and other institutions of higher learning, with the support of the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur, Australian Trade Commission (Austrade), Education and the Australian Department of Education, Science and Training through the Australian Education International (AEI).
Application Deadline: Varies from university to university
Participants must go for the eligibility criteria-
- Funded education is open to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the university.
- For undergraduates and postgraduates degree-
- STPM/A-Level/IB or equivalent.
- CPU or CIMP / Year 12 (HSC/VCE/AUSMAT/SAM)/SMA III/Foundation studies.
- Priority is given to first-year students. Current students holding offer letters for first-year entrance to the respective universities offering are encouraged to apply.
- Offers are not applicable to the following applicants:
(a) already holding a full tuition fee from an Australian and/or foreign sponsoring agency or university.
(b) currently holding any partial funds with any Australian and/or foreign sponsoring agency or university.
- The funded awards are neither exchangeable for cash nor refundable and non-transferable to another person, course or year.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The following are compulsory to be submitted via email to macc-at-augstudy.com. Respective University’s Form that you are applying download and complete the respective University’s form that student is applying for the free schooling Application Form
- Supporting Documents: Participants must have to submit copies of academic certificates for tertiary qualifications, professional qualifications, an essay < 1500 characters and tell why this opportunity should be awarded to them, a PDF copy of receipt/Bank-in slip for payment of an administrative fee of RM 50 (non-refundable) per free tuition to Public Bank Account [ Account Name: The MAAC Account Number: 31 0598 0801 ]. Also submit a 1-page English essay on reasons for applying for the award, benefits to be gained from the course of study including education & career plans.
For postgraduates, the following additional information will be required, transcripts of STPM and/or any other foundation or Pre-University/Bachelor/Masters results, a CV including details of curriculum activities.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a Matriculation, Diploma or Degree: At least a CGPA of 3.50.
- Language Requirement: The English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for applicants’ student visa application.
The Education award will provide partial or full tuition fee.