Applications are now open for Macquarie University China Elite funding for 15 outstanding students from China. Students from China (PRC) or Taiwan are eligible to apply.
Recognized internationally, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world* and within the top 10 in Australia*.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications. All international students at Macquarie are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Macquarie University requires the following as proof of meeting standard English language requirements (i.e. equal to IELTS 6.5)
- Applications Deadline: December 21, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: This scholarship is introduced to support those who share the passion to study in the area of Media, Translation and Interpreting, Chiropractic or Actuarial, our elite and highly ranked programs at Macquarie University.
- Scholarship Award: Macquarie University China Elite award is a partial award to support studies in the area of Media, Translation and interpreting, Chiropractic or Actuarial Studies. The total value of The grants is AUD$10,000 and will be applied towards your tuition fee when you commence your study at Macquarie University.
- Nationality: Students from China (PRC) or Taiwan are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: The studentships are limited so we encourage students to apply and accept early to avoid disappointment. Macquarie University China Elite Scholarship provides a partial tuition fee funding for 15 outstanding students from China.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Students from China (PRC) or Taiwan are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a citizenship of China (PRC) or Taiwan.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship.
- Hold a full offer of admission or package offer with English for one of the following programs at Macquarie University (North Ryde Campus) and have met the respective academic performance requirement as follows:
|Bachelor of Media||ATAR: 90 / 100|
|Master of Media||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Bachelor of Marketing and Media||ATAR: 90 / 100|
|Master of Creative Industries||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Master of Translation and Interpreting Studies||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Master of Advanced Translation and Interpreting Studies||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Master of Conference Interpreting||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Bachelor of Chiropractic Science||ATAR: 90 / 100|
|Master of Chiropractic||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Bachelor of Actuarial Studies||ATAR: 90 / 100|
|Master of Actuarial Practice||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
- Commence the degree program in one of the following sessions: Session 1 (February), 2019; Session 2 (July), 2019. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
*: Double degree programs that contain one of the programs listed above are also eligible, provided the candidate holds a full offer of the double degree program.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia, New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University, unless you are advised otherwise by the representative of Macquarie University.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College.
English Language Requirements: All international students at Macquarie are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Macquarie University requires the following as proof of meeting standard English language requirements (i.e. equal to IELTS 6.5)
How to Apply:
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online application form.
- Applicants must complete an online application form and type “China Elite” in the Scholarship Name field.