The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), in association with the Australian Academy of Science, is offering the Postdoctoral Fellowships for Australian researchers to work in institutes affiliated with JSPS.
The program aims to help such researchers advance their own research while contributing to the advancement of research in Japan and the counterpart countries. Applications are now being received for 12- to 24-month fellowships to Japan, commencing between 1 April and 30 November 2020.
Great offer for Australian to get fund for study in Japan.
User Review( votes)
The Australian Academy of Science provides an independent, authoritative and influential scientific advice, promotes international scientific engagement, builds public awareness and understanding of science, and champions celebrates and supports excellence in Australian science.
- Applications Deadline: Applications for 2020 are now closed.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue the postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Applications are invited from suitably qualified researchers in any field of natural sciences (including technology, engineering and medicine), the humanities and social sciences.
- Scholarship Award: The amounts of the awards indicated below are subject to change.
- A round-trip air ticket.
- A monthly maintenance allowance of ¥362,000.
- A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000.
- Overseas travel accident and sickness insurance coverage.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available to Australian researchers.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: The Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident living in Australia at the time of application.
- Candidates must hold a doctorate degree which must have been received on or after 2 April 2013 or be scheduled to receive a doctorate degree before the fellowship goes into effect.
- Candidates who have previously been awarded a fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers or an STA Fellowship Program are not eligible.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- How to Apply: Materials to be submitted (in the following order)
- Applicant summary information form
- Application form
- Supporting documents:
- Copy of document confirming Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency status
- Copy of the candidate’s doctoral degree certificate. If the degree has not yet been awarded, a letter is required from the candidate’s institution stating the date that he/she will officially receive the degree.
- Copy of the signed letter of acceptance/invitation from the candidate’s prospective host researcher in Japan, stating that he/she accepts the candidate at his/her institution.
- Copy of a signed letter of reference/recommendation from the candidate’s doctoral supervisor (not from his/her prospective host researcher in Japan).
- The names, address and contact details of two referees who may be contacted by the selection committee if further information is required.
- The details of the two referees can be submitted on a separate page. Do not include the details in an email.