The University of Malaya (UM) is offering free online course on Introduction to Malay Language. This course is for anyone interested in languages or Malaysia. You don’t need any previous experience.
On this course you’ll get an introduction to the basics of Malay and discover more about Malaysia as a place and culture. The course will start on August 14, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Malay Language
Institution: University of Malaya (UM) is and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on August 14, 2017
The University of Malaya (UM) is the oldest national university in Malaysia. Its beautiful 750-acre campus lies within the heart of Kuala Lumpur city. The university comprises of 12 faculties, two academies, three centres and four institutes that comprehensively cover various disciplines including medicine, science, technology, social sciences and humanities. Additionally, the University of Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) is the biggest teaching hospital in Malaysia.
About This Course
Over 60 million people speak Malay; it is an official language of several countries including Singapore and Malaysia. This means learning to speak simple Malay and learning about writing in Malay, practicing both until you can identity common words and phrases used by native speakers. Plus you will explore fascinating Malay culture learning more about the many interesting places in Malaysia.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
On this course you’ll get an introduction to the basics of Malay and discover more about Malaysia as a place and culture.
This course is for anyone interested in languages or Malaysia. You don’t need any previous experience.
AB RAZAK AB KARIM
Associate Professor at Malay Language Department, Academy of Malay Studies, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Specialises in Malay Semantics, Malay Intonation and Pragmatic- Politeness.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).