University of Queensland is offering Malaysia Global Leaders Scholarship for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework. award is available to Malaysian students studying a program within the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law (excluding the MBA) in Australia.
The University of Queensland positively influences society by engaging in the pursuit of excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. UQ helps shape the future by bringing together and developing leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world. UQ strives for the personal and professional success of its students, staff and alumni.
User Review( votes)
As one of Australia’s premier learning and research institutions, The University of Queensland (UQ) is internationally renowned for its highly awarded teaching staff, world-class facilities and superior campus environment. It is ranked inside the world’s top 50 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2015.
To meet the UQ’s English language proficiency requirements, applicants must demonstrate : (a) a score equivalent to four semesters of Sound Achievement in Queensland Studies Authority English or Australian or international equivalent. Less than four semesters may be considered for some programs. (b) at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test. Some programs have higher English proficiency requirements; see individual program requirements.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework at University of Queensland.
- Study Subject: award is offered within the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law (excluding the MBA).
- Award: The Malaysia Global Leaders award is an exciting opportunity for high achieving students from Malaysia to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law. Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments. Successful Global Leaders scholars will receive:
- $5,000 tuition fee scholarship.
- You will simultaneously develop your employability skills though priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team, as well as receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, you will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon your professional networks at home and abroad.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Students of Malaysia
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: The students of Malaysia can apply for the opportunity .
- Entrance Requirements:
- Citizens of Malaysia who normally reside in Malaysia and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students who wish to commence their program at UQ in Semester 1, 2019
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange)
- Criteria is based on academic excellence, and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
- Undergraduate opportunities: students who have completed, or are completing A levels, STPM, GCE, SAM, AUSMAT, UEC or Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent senior secondary study in Malaysia), as well as those students currently studying at a recognized higher education institution (and seeking credit transfer into the UQ Bachelor) are encouraged to apply.
- Postgraduate opportunities: high achieving students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution are also encouraged to apply.
- English Language Requirements: To meet the UQ’s English language proficiency requirements, applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
- A score equivalent to four semesters of Sound Achievement in Queensland Studies Authority English or Australian or international equivalent. Less than four semesters may be considered for some programs.
- At least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test. Some programs have higher English proficiency requirements; see individual program requirements.
- Other equivalent tests such as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic are also accepted and other qualifications and experience may also be considered.
- Study Abroad and Incoming Exchange students are only required to meet the overall score (eg 6.5 IELTS or 87 TOEFL or 64 PTE).
Test Requirements: If applicants are demonstrating their English proficiency with an IELTS test score, they must attach a copy of the IELTS test result to your application which university will verify.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- For internet-based (IBT), computer-based (CBT) and paper-based TOEFL tests, applicants must attach a copy of the TOEFL test result to their application which university will verify.
- Note: UQ does not generally accept TOEFL results for quota-based programs, nor does it accept institutional TOEFL tests.
How to Apply:
- Lodge an official application online here for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program. You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for the opportunity .
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the application closing date).
- Once you have received your offer, complete the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law International application Form online here. You will be required to submit the following with your application:
- Personal/motivational statement
This statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
– The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
– Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer, if available (in English). The academic reference letters should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
Please ensure that you read through all information outlined above and provide relevant documents as outlined in the program and UQ Application Forms.
If your application for your chosen degree program has not been assessed by the application closing date, unfortunately we cannot take your application into consideration.