Applications are invited for three National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art International Research Fellowships for the year 2019. Applicants of Asia, Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Central and South America are eligible for the fellowship.
This research program aims to provide a sustainable platform for initiating dialogues and for developing a comprehensive network among museum professionals.
Best offer for candidates
User Review( votes)
Residency provides artist-in-residence programs run by the National Museum of Contemporary Art, Korea in order to encourage and support artistic creativity and to make Korean contemporary art known to the world.
Applicants must know the good use of the English language. Korean language course is mandatory during the program.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing research program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded for individual research in link with Korean modern and contemporary art.
- Scholarship Award: Round-trip airfare (economy class) from the airport near the participant’s place of residence to Seoul, Korea.
- An individual studio unit inside the university campus will be given. Utility fees are not included.
- 900,000 Korean won per month is provided to cover food, transportation, taxes, public utilities, entrance fees, etc.
The living expense is deposited directly to the participant’s Korean bank account at the end of every month. Besides the monthly allowance, no additional financial support is given by the host institution.
- Standard insurance coverage will be provided by the host institution. Detailed information will be provided upon the participant’s entry to Korea. Any supplementary insurance coverage can be arranged and covered by participants.
Scholarship can be taken at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this fellowship:
- Individuals who work in related fields of contemporary art such as museum professionals, curators, art historians, critics, conservators, educators, etc.
- Citizen of the following regions: Asia, Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Central and South America
- Applicants from other regions than those mentioned above will not be considered.
- Aged between 25 and 45
- Good use of the English language
- Individuals who have a high interest in cultural exchange
Nationality: Citizen of Asia, Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Central and South America will be considered.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The fellowship is for individuals who work in related fields of Contemporary Art.
English language Requirements: Applicants must know the good use of the English language. Korean language course is mandatory during the program.
How to Apply: The application should be submitted via online
Supporting Material: In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:-
- Application form
- Photocopy of degree certificate(s)
- A copy of passport
- Recommendation letter(s) * at least 1 letter required.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2019