The Germany Ministry of Defence is inviting qualified young researchers to apply for its Manfred Wörner Scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship will be awarded to research who want to conduct scientific research on a topic with relevance to NATO. International students from NATO Allies countries can undertake their research study at an eligible university to be considered.
Nice offer for international students
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1955, the Federal Ministry of Defence is a top-level federal agency headed by the Federal Minister of Defence as a member of the Cabinet of Germany. The ministry is headquartered at Hardthöhe district in Bonn with an office in the Bendlerblock building in Berlin also.
Why choose to study in Germany? German universities offer a wide range of courses and programmes which cover unconventional and interesting topics. On to of that, Germany has proved to be relatively affordable compared to other European countries and also does not require the knowledge of German language compulsorily in terms of studies as many courses are available in English.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted no later than 1st March 2023.
- University or Organization: Germany Ministry of Defence
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: EUR 2,000
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for research study at the Helmut Schmidt University/Bundeswehr University Hamburg or Bundeswehr University Munich
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be from one of the NATO Allies countries and Mali, Kosovo, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, South Sudan and Western Sahara.
- The applicants must submit their applications in German, English or French.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must first apply for admission in an eligible university of choice. Then scholarship applications or inquiry for the same must be submitted to [email protected] or [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of application
- Letter of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have relevant qualification and experience.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must submit proof of language proficiency as per their respective universities’ requirements. IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo, and other test scores are accepted.
The Germany Ministry of Defence will award the selected students the Manfred Wörner Scholarship, which is endowed with a monthly stipend of EUR 2,000 for a duration of 12 months.