Applications are invited from highly qualified and motivated applicants to take up this new MA scholarship opportunity in the Department of Sociology at the University of York.
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the campus university has expanded to more than thirty departments and centres, covering a wide range of subjects.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: July 1, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing full-time master’s programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study one of the following courses: MA in Social Research, MA in Criminology and Social Research, MA in Social Media and Social Research, MA in Society, Culture and Globalisation.
- Award: £12,000 stipend p.a. (This does not include a fee waiver). International students are eligible; however, they will be expected to show evidence that they can compensate for the difference between the Home/EU student fees and the International student fees.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU Students and international students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible you must:
Have applied for place an on a full-time Masters course on one of the following courses: MA in Social Research, MA in Criminology and Social Research, MA in Social Media and Social Research, MA in Society, Culture and Globalisation
Begin your master studies in September 2018
Have or expect to obtain a first or upper second class honours degree or equivalent prior to commencing the masters programme.
- English Language Requirements: If you’re a non-native English speaking applicant you must provide evidence of your English language ability.
Application documents include a personal statement, a CV, previous degree certificates, academic transcripts and one reference letter. Please explain in your personal statement why you would like to undertake an MA/ MSc in our department at York and how the program would be useful for you to achieve your goals.
How to Apply:
First, to apply for the opportunity , you will need to submit a formal Masters application through the University’s online application system.