Applications are invited for Marie Sklodowska-Curie (MSCA) Individual Fellowship (IF) at ARENA – Centre for European Studies, University of Oslo. Researchers of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The main objective of MSCA IFs is to increase the individual fellow’s set of research-related and transferable skills through advanced research, training, supervision and international and intersectoral mobility, leading to improved employability and career prospects both in and outside academia.
User Review( votes)
ARENA is a multidisciplinary centre of basic research at the University of Oslo studying the evolving European political order.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: ARENA will support fellowship projects that build on, or expand, topics covered by one of ARENA’s ongoing research projects.
- Award: What can be funded?
MSCA Individual Fellowships are bottom-up and open to all research topics.
ARENA will support fellowship projects that build on or expand, topics covered by one of ARENA’s ongoing research projects.
The Individual Fellowships lasts from 12 to 24 months.
What does the funding cover?
The fellow will be employed in a fully-funded researcher position at ARENA.
The grant also provides allowances to cover living, travel and family costs.
In addition, the grant contributes to the training, networking and research costs of the fellow.
The grant is awarded to, and managed by, the host institution ARENA.
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given
- The award can be taken in Norway
- Eligible Countries: Researchers of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
- Researchers with a doctoral degree, early in their careers, and with an original and feasible idea for a research project.
- Researchers of any nationality, but you may not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Norway for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline (MSCA mobility requirement).
- How to Apply: Step 1
Prior to 29 April 2018
Contact research advisor Geir Kværk(o.kvark-at-arena.uio.no) with a very brief project idea (approx. 10 lines) and your CV, to establish whether expression of interest is worth considering in light of link to ARENA’s ongoing research. You may subsequently be put in contact with a researcher (potential supervisor) at ARENA for further discussions of the viability of the project idea.
- Step 2
29 April 2018
Submit your CV and an expression of interest by e-mail to Geir Kværk (o.kvark-at-arena.uio.no). The expression of interest should be 2-4 pages long and include: (a) a statement of motivation; (b) a brief outline of the project idea; (c) a draft progress plan including ideas for any (non-mandatory) non-academic secondments, and; (d) a brief statement of the candidate’s main theoretical and empirical work up to date.
- Step 3
30 April to 6 May
The expressions of interest will be evaluated by a committee consisting of ARENA’s director and 3 senior research staff, who will select up to 2 candidates who are invited to submit an MSCA IF proposal.
- Step 4
7 May to 12 September
The candidates who are invited to submit a proposal will be contacted no later than 7 May and invited to develop her/his research proposal in close cooperation with ARENA researchers and administration (see further information below).
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.