The Women for Africa Foundation is delighted to offer scholarships for African women undergraduate and graduate students at Spanish universities. This is a fully funded scholarship.
This program, promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African women undergraduate and graduate students through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in this initiative.
User Review( votes)
The Women for Africa Foundation is a private entity founded in 2012 by former vice president of the Government of Spain, María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, with the aim of contributing to the development of Africa through its women. Since then, the Foundation has launched a dozen projects in the areas of education, economic development, health, and knowledge and women empowerment.
- Application Deadline: May 6, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in various areas of study.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships are funded by the universities participating in the program – all of them, members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) – and cover round trips, tuition and fees, accommodation, maintenance and medical insurance.
- Nationality: African students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from African countries are eligible to apply:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: In general, any person who meets the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants need to request the scholarship using the form below.