Applications are invited for Chinese Govt. Marine Scholarship to pursue master and doctoral program at Xiamen University in China. Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Xiamen University, colloquially known as Xia Da, located in Xiamen, Fujian province, is the first university in China founded by overseas Chinese. Established by Tan Kah Kee in 1921, the university was originally known as Amoy University.
Marvelous opportunity for Citizen of non-Chinese to get a degree with financial support.
User Review( votes)
In order to enhance its internationalization, XMU has launched a lot of English-medium programs for international students. These programs are taught in English and aim to produce high-level international specialists with a solid professional foundation plus a good understanding of Chinese society and culture.
Why at Xiamen University- The University has recruited a large number of top-level professors, many of whom are a prominent scientist and principal scholars.
University or Organization: Xiamen University
Course Level: Master’s
Award: Tuition fee
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizen of non-Chinese
The program can be taken in China
Application Deadline: April 15, 2019
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicant must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, from a coastal/island country of South China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Paci?c and its surrounding island countries, or an African, American developing country.
- Applicant must apply for the postgraduate degree program of ocean-related specialties. Applicants will be given priority if they are currently engaged in oceanographic and relevant sectors.
- Educational background and age limits
- Master’s degree programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
- Doctoral degree programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 45.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants are eligible for assessment only after they are admitted to the masters or doctoral program of Xiamen University. (Application guidelines for master’s programs/ doctoral programs 2019 are available at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn. )
- Applicants shall make online application at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn (Agency No. of Xiamen University at CSC: 10384) and download and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and then sign the form.
- Applicants are required to make another online application at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/application.php and upload the required application documents. Please download and print out the Application Form for International Students generated upon successful online application.
- language Requirements: English Language Requirement: In order to enhance its internationalization, XMU has launched a lot of English-medium programs for international students. These programs are taught in English and aim to produce high-level international specialists with a solid professional foundation plus a good understanding of Chinese society and culture.
- Tuition fee;
- On-campus accommodation fee or off-campus accommodation monetary subsidy (RMB 700/month for master’s programs; RMB 1,000/month for doctoral programs);
- Living allowance (RMB 3,000/month for master’s programs; RMB 3,500/month for doctoral programs);
- Comprehensive medical insurance.